Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“terms”) govern the relationship between Adopt Change Limited (“us/we/our”) and you as the conference delegate (“you”) for tickets purchased to attend the virtual National Permanency Conference held on 13 & 14 October 2021 (“event”).
2. These terms and conditions cannot be varied, unless agreed by both parties in writing. The laws of New South Wales apply to any disputes and we require that you contact us at first instance to try and mediate any dispute before taking any further action. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to these terms and conditions. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New South Wales to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these terms.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
3. All event tickets are purchased as is and are not generally transferable. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue refunds or accept cancellation of tickets.
4. We do not allow shared registrations. Each registration allows admittance of one person only unless you have purchased a group registration ticket. Professionals tickets are for child welfare professionals, government and agency staff, academics, therapists, policy makers and other professionals.
5. Group registration tickets are for 5 people. You will need to advise us before the event which 5 people will be attending under this ticket and you will be issued with 5 separate logins. You cannot swap out attendees for others once the event has commenced.
6. Foster & kinship carers and pre-adoptive/adoptive carers, permanent carers and legal guardians can purchase tickets to attend the event at a discounted price, however, when purchasing your ticket you must provide us with some proof that you are a carer. Based on the information you provide to us, we will determine, at our sole discretion, if you are eligible for the discounted ticket. If we do not think you are a carer, we can cancel your purchase and will refund you in full.
7. Students can purchase tickets to attend the event at a discounted price, however, when purchasing your ticket you must provide us with some proof that you are a student such as a current student card. Based on the information you provide to us, we will determine, at our sole discretion, if you are eligible for the discounted ticket. If we do not think you are a student, we can cancel your purchase and will refund you in full.
8. In some cases (at our sole discretion), tickets may be transferred to another person. If you would like another person to use your ticket, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with some detail about your situation and we will consider your request.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER & COVID-19 PANDEMIC
9. Whilst all care has been taken in preparing the program and schedule of speakers, we do not warrant any of the content set out in the program information contained on the conference website including the timing, speakers and program.
10. Details of speakers and topics are correct at the time of going to press. However, circumstances beyond our control may necessitate substitutions of speakers and topics for which we cannot be held responsible. All speakers and items contained in the program are subject to change without notice.
11. We reserve the right to make changes to the conference program without notice but will use our best endeavours to arrange new and relevant speakers.
12. This event has been arranged and scheduled in the COVID-19 pandemic climate. This means that there are many potential issues outside of our control. We will endeavour to bring you this event uninterrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic but we cannot be held liable for any issues that arise as a direct consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic such as implications of lockdown, sickness of any presenters or our employees/volunteers and any restrictions that might now or in the future be introduced by the state and federal governments.
13. We are not liable for non-delivery of services beyond our control and we accept no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by you. In the event that you try to attribute any liability to us, that liability shall be limited to the value of your ticket only.
14. Your registration details will be shared with the conference organisers for purpose of communicating program details, preparing for the event and sending any material post the event. All information will be stored in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
15. By registering for the conference you give us permission to record/photograph you for use in our publications, website and other promotional material associated with our annual National Permanency Conferences. If you do not consent to your recordings or photographs being used, please contact us at email@example.com and we will ensure that your recordings/photos are excluded from our database.
17. We have teamed with various technology companies to arrange and host the event. We will endeavour to make sure that there are as few technology issues as possible by testing our event platform, pre-recording some of the presentation content and providing you with step by step information about logging in, accessing and interacting with the event. However we cannot be held responsible for any technology issues that arise from issues beyond our control such as your computer equipment, the internet malfunctioning or a failure in our event platform (which is provided to us under contract from a third party).
18. In addition to the main conference sessions, as part of the event, we will hold roundtable discussions and breakout sessions with some presenters. In order to attend these additional sessions, you will need to have a working Zoom account and be logged in to access the Zoom meeting. We will provide you with any links to access these sessions if required.
CONDUCT & MODERATION
19. During the event, including during breakout sessions you will have the opportunity to interact with other participants (both oral and by using the chat functions). You are required at all times to be polite, respectful and considerate of others. In doing so, you acknowledge that there are differing views and opinions and that we have an obligation to ensure our event is a safe space for our employees, volunteers and event participants.
20. If in our sole opinion, you breach our conduct requirements in any way whatsoever, your chat function can be moderated, disabled or you may be asked to leave the event and you will not be entitled to any refund.
21. By attending this event, you agree to these terms and conditions.
21 May 2021