My name is Jeff Amatto and I'm a proud Wiradjuri man from Wellington NSW I grew up on the Nanima mission where my culture was alive and a part of my life. Coming disconnected from my culture due to Drugs and Alcohol I fell into the lifestyle of Drugs, Alcohol and incarceration and a lot of years of misery and pain for most of my life.
I am grateful that I was introduced to a cultural-based rehab where I found my way back to culture and began to come back in contact with my culture.
Today I am just under 12 years clean and sober and have been blessed to have built my own business in something I am so passionate about doing workshops around Drugs, Alcohol and incarceration on how I healed as an indigenous man and have spoken to those locking our people away such as all NSW local magistrates, district court magistrates, police, parole officers and so many more orgs around Australia and also a strong Advocate for more cultural rehabs less jails.
I have traveled 300,00kms of Australia the last 3 years and have accomplished so much on my travels I have been named:
- 2017 National Dreamtime community person of the year
- 2019 Aboriginal and Torres strait islander tafe student of the year
- 2019 Aboriginal and Torres strait islander Region winner
- 2019 health,wellbeing and community service student of the year
- 2019 GILI AWARDS Achievement award.